Situated at Lorong Napiri, MINDSville@Napiri is one of the residential homes run by the Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS) to cater to the needs of the intellectually disabled. The home aims to maximize the potential of intellectually disabled persons by helping them to lead a life as independently as possible. With the belief that they too, have the rights to take their place in the society just like any normal person, the home seeks to promote public awareness and acceptance of people with intellectual disability.
Our volunteer outing!
What We Do
Every Saturday, our volunteers gather at MINDSville to interact with the residents of the home and together with fellow volunteers from Terra Hope (a project under MINDS Minds Youth Group), we aim to help the residents develop motor skills and independent living skills through a range of enriching activities such as art and craft, music, exercise and food preparation.
Besides regular visits, we organize and hold special events to celebrate festivals such as Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival, and Christmas. In addition, we conduct various outings such urban amazing races, the viewing of fireworks’ display and visits to our local attractions. Every year, we also have camps to further enhance bonding between residents and volunteers.
Celebrating MINDSville's 14th Anniversary with lots of fun!
Of course, MINDSville is also a place to meet fellow volunteers from NUS and Terra Hope and make new friends with others who share the spirit of volunteerism! Join us to be part of our big family!
Do like and follow our Facebook page to receive weekly updates about our programs and memories captured after every session :)
Come Join Us!WHERE:
MINDSville@Napiri, 7 Lorong Napiri, Singapore 547533
(In Hougang, behind Bowen Secondary School, near Gracehaven Salvation Army and AWWA).
- From Ang Mo Kio : Bus service 25, 74, 132, 165, alight at Blk 634 (Near Bowen Sec) , Hougang Avenue 8 (Bus stop no: 63311)
- From Serangoon: Bus service 147, alight at Blk 634 (Near Bowen Sec), Hougang Avenue 8 (Bus stop no: 63311)
- From the bus stop, walk past Blk 634 and Blk 638 and turn left to Lorong Napiri.
- Alternatively, you can either take bus service 156 from Seng Kang Interchange or bus service 43 from Punggol Interchange and alight at the bus stop Gracehaven S army (Bus stop no: 64109)
- Or bus service 103/109 from Serangoon Interchange and alight at the bus stop Opp Gracehaven S army (Bus stop no: 64101)
Every Saturday, 3PM – 6PM
Regular visits follow the order of:
- Funfit 1 (Arts & Crafts and Food Preparation)
- Tea break
- Funfit 2 (Games and physical activities)
- Short debrief for the day’s activities